25 March 2014

Calarasu legacy

Oil wells on Bana hill. 
Oil well on fire.
Calarasu oil well.
Calarasu oil wells in their own yard.
Oil well in intervention - Nicu and Vasile Calarasu.
Tunnel no.3 dug for capture and extinguish 160RA eruption. In picture can be seen engineer Misu Calarasu.
Attention ! These photos are under copyright.
Special thanks to Mr. Costin Calarasu.

24 March 2014

Working in oilfield..

18 March 2014

Moreni - Astra Romana

Astra Romana workshops.

05 March 2014

Romanian oil industry under heavy bombardment


Roumanian Consolidated Oilfields Limited

The company was registered in 1910 as Bitter Creek Prospectors Limited, but did not do any business. In November 1910 the company name changed to Roumanian Consolidated Oilfields Limited, and it re-registered under this name in 1912 as an amalgamation of Roumanian Consolidated Oilfields Limited; Moreni (Roumania) Oilfields Limited; Central Roumanian Petroleum Company Limited; Bana Moreni Petroleum Company Limited; British Roumanian Oil Company Limited; and Roumanian Oilfields Limited.
In 1913 and 1914 respectively the company acquired Moreni Pipeline and Transport Company Limited and Roumanian Pipeline and Trading Company Limited. Refineries were built at Targoviste and Ploesti.

In November 1916 the wells, refineries, plant were destroyed to prevent them from falling into enemy hands, and claims for compensation were made to the British and Roumanian governments. Roumanian Consolidated Oilfields Limited regained possession of its properties in February 1919, but production was restricted because of the absence of export facilities. A new refinery was later erected at Ploesti. Roumanian Consolidated Oilfields Limited was taken over in 1922 by Phoenix Oil and Transport Company Limited. Until this time its registered office had been at 48 Cannon Street.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...